Wednesday 11 February 2015

That Time I Kind of Travelled the World Part 3: Venice

On the train from Paris to Venice I saw snow in the Alps for the very first time in my life and unfortuneately, that was the only time I did see snow (appart from flying soap missiles in Harry Potter but that's another story). The countryside was breathtaking (and not just because of how cold I realised it actually was here) but as we tooted on in (I don't know how else to explain train movement) to Venice and the land turned to water I couldn't believe what I was seeing as boats went by my window. This was the fourth country (If you counted Australia) I had been in in four dayys!

I fell in love with Venice and looking through my diary I am getting major withdrawals. Looking through my diary has also made it harder or me to pick which part of Venice I should share with you. My favourite memories are probably just getting lost in the streets, watching boats go past from my balcony. See the men on gondalas duck as they go under the bridge and experiences the peoples culture. I visited there seafood markets and there grocery stores and staed opposite a highschool. It was a lot of fun just experiencing life as a local (just getting a little more lost than they do). I took about a bajillion photos so I hope you enjoy the spam:



















I know that is a lot of photos but trust me, there were a lot more. I tried to really capture everyday life there and not just the tourist attractions because I think it is so important when travelling to try and understand and experience the culture of the places that you go to. (Look at me sounding all worldly and know-all-y after my first holiday...) So I hope I portrayed that in these photos and I hope whoever stumbles across these likes them :) 

Toodles!! *Virtual HUGs*


No comments:

Post a Comment