Sunday 15 February 2015

That Time I Kind of Travelled the World Part 4: Rome

The next stop was Rome and I super excited. Mum decided that we would just walk to our apartment from the train station because we were staying near the coliseum and how hard would that be to find?
A lot harder than expected... However we did find the Coliseum eventually and my jaw hit the floor, it was magnificent! So we lugged our HUGE suitcases down to the Coliseum and while mum tried to figure out what direction our apartment was in, I stood there staring at this huge structure in total awe, not helping at all. We found our apartment and it was the funkiest little place, it was very modern which contrasted with the city of ruins that stood outside with a white wooden floor, modern furniture and very trendy art. Rome was a beautiful city and unfortunately I wasn't doing well, on the second night our tourist-y adventures and sight-seeing were put to a hold and our third day consisted of my lying ill on the couch watching old movies with badly dubbed Italian over the top. I didn't get to see as much as I would have liked in Rome but it gives me a good excuse to go back. I feel like the night atmosphere would be terrific and the fast pace of the city was really endearing.










P.S I SWEAR I didn't wear the same outfit every single day it was just that I only had two jackets, one scarf and one beanie (the other one was lost in action on a train somewhere along the way -R.I.P) everything underneath was changed and washed :)

I can't wait to go back to Rome so I can continue exploring it's beautiful history.










No comments:

Post a Comment