Tuesday 17 February 2015

That Time I Kind of Travelled the World Part 6: London

I hate the question "where was your favourite place?" because honestly, I don't know how I could compare them all together. Each place I visited was so unique and each had something special about them that made me love them and want to go back! In saying this, I  must admit that I just keep going back to London (just in my head and not real life, unfortunately). I don't know what it was about it but something about the experience of London leaves me wishing I could go back there right now! The shops were brilliant and all the ones that I have seen online and had been DYING to go for years for example; Drop Dead, Urban Outfitters and Cheap Monday are all shops that I would have completely cleared out if I had the money. I also loved the night life, I went to two shows, The Commitments which is one of my favourite movies ever and The Jersey Boys which I enjoyed so much! The history of London is so interesting, things like having 'bangers and mash' in the pubs which were hundreds of  years old were such an exciting experience and since my dad is from England I definitely felt a cool connection to the country. Of course one of the major highlights for me was Warner Brothers Studio Tour London: The Making of Harry Potter because I have been a fan of Harry Potter ever since I bought the first book and my mum read it to me as I was too young to get through a novel. It was the most brilliant/magical (duh) place I have ever been to and I'm pretty sure my mouth was open the entire time I walked around because I couldn't believe it! I even had a butter beer which I found absolutely delicious even and I kept the mug as a souvenir (yeah call me a nerd, I don't care). AAAAAANNNDDD NOW, THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR (and by that I mean the no one that actually reads this blog) THE PHOTO SPAM: *drum roll please*































The only disappointing thing was that I was kind of hoping for a white Christmas because I have never been in the snow before and even though I thought it was ABSOLUTELY FREEZING, the locals informed us it was no where near cold enough to snow which just means that I will have to go back. I really want to go back to England but I want to go to smaller towns as well as London next time (maybe a bit of a road trip!)





No comments:

Post a Comment