Tuesday 17 February 2015

That Time I Kind of Travelled the World Part 7: Paris (again)

So this time we were back in Paris and staying for seven nights (not just the day). I was super excited because I had kept in contact with an exchange student from Paris who attended my school when I was in grade 11 and we were going to meet up! I couldn't believe my luck after texting her my address and then having a walk around Monte Marte (where we were staying) that she had managed to find our apartment. When we were walking back there she was waiting for me and we did a SLOW MOVIE RUN TOWARDS EACH OTHER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET and it was such a hilarious and awesome moment that we had been talking about via email for so long. I then got to hang out with her that day and a few days later even went back to her house to meet the family! Of course Paris was great and our apartment was dream-like I couldn't even believe that it was real life! We could see all the roof-tops and The Eiffel Tower from the windows! Some days I just didn't want to get out of bed. Unfortunately I GOT SICK AGAIN (just my luck) meaning some days I physically couldn't get out of bed! It was also sad because I knew that my holiday was quickly coming to an end but that wasn't going to stop me from making the most out of the few days I had left. I even got to have dinner up in the Eiffel Tower and sat and talked with an American family that were also on holiday there. Monte Marte was an awesome place to stay and the art everywhere was beautiful. I really enjoyed seeing all of Picasso's collection and The Lourve was also a highlight! I am a big art freak and when I go back I would love to see the Salvador Dali exhibition! I loved visiting the food markets and the antique markets, everyone in Paris was very lovely and super fashionable and I was totally in love with the city! Here are just some of my photos from there:
























And just like that, We were on a plane back home, only one more stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment